- Capital: Beijing
- Population: 1.357 billion (2013)
- Main Language: Mandarin
- About 70% of Chinese speakers use a Mandarin dialect. However, there are approximately 298 languages still spoken throughout China.
- Major Religions: Non-Religious*, Buddhism
- *Many follow the Chinese philosophy (not considered a religion) which includes the three teachings referring to the combination and harmony of Confucianism, Taoism, and Buddhism
DID YOU KNOW
Ketchup is actually invented in China and the original meaning was “fish sauce”.
This month you are helping our partner in China.
China Partner Ministry
Partner since 2002
Our China Ministry Partner serves the Yao People in Central Guangxi Province. The region is mountainous and full of rocks with only around 10% of the land with soil for agriculture. There are about 12 people groups that inhabit this area and have less than 3% Christians among them. The majority are animists and ancestral worshippers. The needs are many here with high Illiteracy rates and water an ongoing issue with not enough rain in the winter and too much rain in the summer.
Our partner uses a holistic approach as they assess the needs of those they serve and respond in accordance to their needs which includes:
- church planting
- literacy projects
- water projects
- medical assistance
- infrastructure including roads
Meet Brother and Sister A*
In the 1990s, Brother A worked in China as an engineer while his wife explored gospel opportunities as she witnessed of God’s love to the people she met. Over time, many came to faith in Christ and Brother and Sister A became more convicted than ever about the spiritual needs of their Chinese neighbours. So they have focused on ministry: reaching the poor, specifically the rural minority tribes of China. Community development projects include building schools, medical clinics, student hostels, water reservoirs, and agricultural projects. A key aspect of their work is building up the local church. Pastors are trained, financially supported and equipped. Many small villages have been impacted by God’s love and have received the gospel as a result.
*Workers names and partner ministry are protected for security reasons
Please Pray For:
- The church in China
- The people of Central Guangxi Province
- The work of Brother and Sister A and the many people they train
- Transformation in villages that need it
- That hearts would be open the Good News of Jesus